A culinary journey to discover the traditions and landscapes of Italy
Local Culinary Tour
Discover the itinerary plan
Information about this tour
Amazing activities in your travel:
- DAY 1 Arrive in Rome and free time to enjoy the eternal city. Welcome dinner
- DAY 2 Rome: morning Colosseo, Roman Forum and the Palatine Hill – afternoon Campo De' Fiori Market Food and Wine Tour
- DAY 3 Orvieto, Castellina in Chianti: wine experience
- DAY 4 San Gimignano and Volterra
- DAY 5 Florence: free morning - tasting of local product
- DAY 6 Florence: guided visit of Uffizi Gallery
- DAY 7 Cinque Terre: focaccia tasting
- DAY 8 Genoa: trofie & pesto making
- DAY 9 Milan: free afternoon and farewell party
- DAY 10 Goodbye Italy!
10 days – 9 nights
ROME, FLORENCE, CINQUE TERRE & GENOA, MILAN
Market experience in Rome / Lumachelle tasting in Orvieto / Wine tasting in Chianti area / Food tasting in Florence / Focaccia tasting in La Spezia / Genoa trofie & pesto making
10 hours Italian course
20 – 30 people
From 2,500 $ per person
Arrival in Rome and transfer to your reserved hotel. After the check in, time to relax and start enjoying the eternal city by yourself.
You can visit Piazza del Campidoglio (Capitol Square), the Pantheon (considered the best-preserved ancient building in Rome), Piazza Navona located in the heart of the historic center and one of the most beautiful square of Rome, the enchanting Trevi Fountain and of course Piazza di Spagna, certainly one of the most popular squares, thanks to the beautiful perspective it offers. Don’t miss to try a delicious Italian gelato at San Crispino located in Via della Panatteria or gelateria “Giolliti” located in Via Uffici del Vicario. If you want to do some shopping in Rome, it is the right moment! Take a look at the 2 main shopping streets: Via del Corso Go to Via del Corso and Via Condotti considered the most prestigious street of Rome.
In the evening Welcome dinner at a local Romans restaurant where you start your culinary tour in Italy.
MORNING: After breakfast transfer to the Colosseum and guided visit of this emblematic monument that with a capacity of more than 50,000 spectators, it is considered the largest amphitheater in the Roman world. To follow guided visit of Roman Forum, that was the centre of the city and you can see ruins of ancient markets, administrative and religious buildings and Palatine Hill, one of the 7 hills of Rome, is according to mythology the place where the city was founded by Romulus and Remus. Remember that at the top of Palatine Hill, you access to this cave and ruins of the residences of historical figures such as Augustus, the first Roman emperor. After the visit you have time to a quick lunch in the heart of the city.
AFTERNOON: 1 hour lesion about Italian most famous product and after that transfer to Campo De’ Fiori Market where you have a nice experience around the market, you learn (in Italian of course) how and what to buy in an Italian market, taste a lot of fresh Italian products: truffle, pesto, olives pate', balsamic vinegar and so on. Taking one of the tiny streets that lead out from Campo de' Fiori, you walk towards a very good wine shop, for a taste of local wine and high quality cheese and cured meats. Once done back to your hotel, time to restore and dinner at your hotel.
MORNING: After breakfast check out and departure to Castellina in Chianti that offers a long history reaching back to the Bronze age up today. On the way stop in Orvieto, the international headquarters of Cittaslow, and tasting of the famous Lumachella (the name means small snail, in fact it has the shape of a snail) because is a must: as a snack, as an appetizer, served hot or cold, each moment of the day it is great. It is a traditional bakery product prepared with a dough of flour and warm water, with olive oil, lard, pecorino cheese, pepper, salt and bacon or ham. Once done, move to Castellina in Chianti.
AFTERNOON: On the way quick explanation regarding the Italian wines (production from the grapes to the bottle, most famous brands, the perfect combination with food and so on). Once arrived in Castellina in Chianti guided visit of La Castellina winery and wine tasting. At the end final transfer to your reserved hotel, check in, dinner and overnight.
MORNING: Breakfast and hotel checkout. First stop is Volterra, the ancient town where New Moon - the second novel of the Twilight saga, was filmed. Free time to discover this mysterious place. Once done transfer to San Gimignano.
AFTERNOON: After lunch guided visit of San Gimignano, famous for its tower and distinctive medieval skyline. After the visit, take a tasty moment at Gelateria Dondoli. The gelato at this store is known across the world – and for good reason. Sergio Dondoli has won a ton of awards and accolades for his gelato, which is made from the milk of special cows from nearby farmlands. Here you can taste a range of interesting flavours – raspberry with rosemary, ricotta with bilberries, saffron with orange and nuts, even pink grapefruit and sparkling wine – and keep in mind that it’s hard to pick just one… or two (…or three). Final transfer to Florence, check in at your reserved hotel, dinner and overnight.
MORNING: After breakfast a real full immersion in the Italian culture and modi di dire (idioms) and free rest of the morning.
AFTERNOON: After lunch you’ve the chance to put into practice what have you studied in the morning with an interesting tasting of local Tuscany product that offers an overview of the many tasty specialties of the city, moving from selected cured meats and cheeses to different types of pasta, strictly kneaded by hand. Also different sorts of plant-based dishes, which became internationally famous for their rustic taste, such as the pappa al pomodoro and the ribollita. Once done back to the hotel, dinner and overnight.
MORNING: After breakfast guided visit of Florence, considered the home to many masterpieces of Renaissance art and architecture and the Uffizi Gallery that exhibits Botticelli’s “The Birth of Venus”, da Vinci’s “Annunciation and many other masterpieces.
AFTERNOON: After lunch free afternoon to enjoy this enchanting city. Once done back to you hotel, dinner and overnight.
MORNING: breakfast and hotel checkout. Move to the “Cinque Terre” are five unique villages (hence the name Cinque Terre) located halfway between Genoa and Tuscany. Their position squeezed between sea and mountains is what makes them so enchanting; once arrived free time to enjoy this amazing place.
AFTERNOON: The best way to spend your time in Liguria is for sure tasting the famous focaccia such as: Farinata - a delicious chickpea pancake cooked in a wood oven, Focaccia Formaggio and a glass of typical wine - two very thin layers of dough filled with "Stracchino" a typical soft cheese from Recco, a small village 10km far from Rapallo accompanied by a glass of “Vermentino” wine, Classic focaccia with EVO oil - there are many types of focaccia bread in the world, but the original one comes from Genoa and so on. Once done transfer to Genoa, check in at your reserved hotel, dinner and overnight.
MORNING: Breakfast and 2 hours lesions about Italian recipes, after that quick tour to the local market.
AFTERNOON: It’s time to put into practice what have you studied during the tour so an amazing cooking experience is waiting for you!
Trofie & fettuccine pasta - Trofie are handmade fresh pasta, eggless, famous for their shape: pointy at the extremities and larger in the centre. Fettuccine are instead perhaps the most famous pasta abroad, flour and eggs give life to a real delight able to capture every sauce. Pesto - typical sauce made with basil, pine nuts, garlic and Parmigano Reggiano; the pesto will be tasted on crostini or fresh bread. This Ligurian Riviera Cooking Class will take place in the city center of Genoa and you will prepare the best recipes in Ligurian tradition, carefully selected by renown chefs and daily by Genovese people. This cooking class is an all-round experience. We believe that the cooking class with tasting is successful when our guests test themselves cooking, learning, sharing their experiences and having fun!
Once done back to your hotel, dinner and overnight.
Breakfast and hotel check out. Transfer to Milan, the global capital of fashion and design. Home to the national stock exchange, it’s a financial hub also known for its high-end restaurants and shops. Once arrived check in at your reserved hotel and free day to discover this amazing city.
We suggest to visit:
– the Milan Cathedral that is a truly monumental building and is famed for its sublime architecture and took over 600 years to complete. Located in the centre of Milan in the self-named Piazza del Duomo, the cathedral was constructed in 1386 but not officially completed until 1965! With an Italian Gothic style, the front façade of the cathedral is truly magnificent and is crowned with countless towers, statues and decoration.
– Galleria Vittorio Emanuele II: as you walk into the Grand Gallery, you might think you were stood inside the entrance hall to an opera house or palace – Not a shopping mall. But this is essentially what the Galleria is – An extremely opulent and extravagant indoor shopping area. Created in 1877, it stands as one of the oldest shopping malls in the world and was designed by Guiseppe Mengoni; the cross shaped mall is covered via four glass panelled arms that let in the sunlight perfectly, whilst the walls and shop fronts are decorated with ornate panelling and stucco artwork.
– Castello Sforzesco: this 15th century castle has a central location in Milan and is set in extensive grounds and gardens. Created in 1370, the original design has been modified and added too greatly but still retains its elegance and status of power; at the front of the castle stands an immense brick wall lined with battlements and frame by a central guard tower. As you walk through into the central courtyard, you will notice the large guard towers and the sheer size of the castle will amaze you. Aside from the castle itself, there is also a host of small museums and collections that contain a myriad of interesting artefacts and historical information about the castle and Milan.
In the evening ready for the Farewell party at a famous restaurant in Navigli area and last tasting of most famous Italian dishes!
Breakfast and hotel check out. Transfer to Milan Int. airport on time for your back flight.
Ciao Ciao Italy!
Food&Wine Travel Experiences
Ask for advice
Discover more Food & Wine Tours
Local culinary tour
North Italy food & wine tour
Pasta, Pizza & Wine tour
Local culinary tour
Relive the made in Italy style through a culinary journey and artistic beauties.